Welcome to SustainableNYCT.org
An unprecedented bi-state collaboration of cities, counties and regional planning organizations has come together to launch New York-Connecticut Sustainable Communities. This initiative, funded with a $3.5 million U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Sustainable Communities Regional Planning Grant, will integrate housing, economic development, transportation and environmental planning.
The goal of the Consortium is to reposition the New York-Connecticut region to fully harness its innovation capabilities in a competitive global environment, build on its strong foundation of energy efficiency, and become as equitable as it is efficient. Its primary focus is to leverage the most extensive and robust transit system in the nation by developing livable communities with mixed-income housing and employment at key nodes in the MTA Metro-North Railroad and MTA Long Island Rail Road network.___________________________________________________________________________
- A Planning Enhancement study of approaches to make communities throughout the New York/ Connecticut region more sustainable through enhancements to regional transportation, housing, economic development and environmental planning.
- A Fair Housing and Equity Assessment to analyze evidence and develop regional strategies to further fair housing and expand equity and opportunity.
The workshop will include presentations of how neighborhood conditions are affected by federal, state and regional decision-making in housing, transportation and development, and engage participants in discussions of how planning and programs can be improved to build more sustainable and equitable communities.
- 2013.12.06: Public Workshop meeting Catches Local Connecticut Press
- 2013.11.12: Grants Awarded to Help Build Affordable Housing Near Transit
- 2013.11.08: Second Workshop for Norwalk's TOD Pilot Program, Nov 13
- 2013.10.24: Public Steering Committee Meeting, Nov 8
- 2013.10.21: Nassau County Infill Redevelopment Feasibility Study
- 2013.10.21: Expanding opportunities for jobs, housing and transportation: How can regional planning help communities?
- 2013.10.08: NYC Council Passes Climate Resilience Bill
- 2013.09.13: Applications Now Being Received for Transit Oriented Housing Incentive Fund Grants/Loans
- 2013.08.30: Public Steering Committee Meeting, Sept 13
- 2013.08.30: Consortium Deliverables